GUYS LOOK I’M BACK FROM THE DEAD HURRAY!
Kidding, kidding, I didn’t die, and I’m back now. And I didn’t return alone because I have another installment of le Blogger Problems for you peeps. (is it weird that when I say that I think of marshmallow peeps?)
Anyway, let’s get started, shall we?
Credit to Kat@Novels and Waffles for this one-veeeeeeery true…..And then how you want to get out of it but you can’t bring yourself to unfollow someone. Definitely check out Kat’s blog if you haven’t- she has hilarious book reviews and one of the best blog designs ever. (if you think MY blog makes you hungry…)
….basically the reason I was gone for so long….any post requests/ideas are welcome, and and I mean ANYTHING. (within reason)
What are some #bloggerproblems you’ve been having? Any idea on how to beat writer’s block?
Canada and the United States. They’re literally stacked on top of each other, and are pretty tolerant of each other, so therefore we probably know at least a preliminary amount about each other-right?
Well today I’m being joined by my internet bestie and utterly fabulous blogger Bayance, to see if that’s actually true. She’s Canadian, I’m American (still trying to figure out how to mail myself across the border so we can hang out, any ideas are welcome)and we both asked each other trivia questions about our own country. Without too much googling, we had to answer them. Make sure to go over to Bayance’s post, where I quiz her on her knowledge of the USA.
Annnnnd I’ve been chattering way too long, so let’s get started
I’m sorry I had to say this, so wow, Canadians named Otto have a whole city? Sweet Monkey Fritters.
Oh, wait, but then again, all the Marys in the USA have a whole state, Maryland, so I guess that’s not too novel.
Seriously how did I not know that like what??
WHATT YOU’VE NEVER SEEN A MOOSE?? I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY
I drew this on the back of my Latin quiz so cross your fingers I won’t have to explain the whole thing to my Latin teacher because it’ll make me sound nuts
*Hopefully a person, but I mean like where are you from, lol
Why, oh why, does August have to be over? I was enjoying all those lazy days so much…
Summer freetime withdrawal aside, nothing much happened this month because I spent it relaxing (which means I was being lazy), but for the sake of posterity here’s a recap.
So, this month I posted three times. And I would have posted this yesterday, but that would have made four times in one month and that wouldn’t have done at all (you’ll only get that if you’ve read Artemis Fowl)
- Easy/Healthy/Fast Breakfasts|Collab With Bayance|Back To School Marathon
- Blogger Problems #3|Poll
- Dear Pinterest…
I looked at my poll results and they were…interesting. So nobody cared much for my Q&As, tags/awards, or practical posts. And only 22% of people wanted to see my life posts. Most of you like my funny posts (77.78%)
And ya know what, to be honest, those are my favorite kind of posts to write. TTC may be going through a little rejiggering phase to focus more on the funny, and less on the lifestyle, but it’ll be mostly the same. Just funnier 😉
August’s most popular post was Dear Pinterest… (definitely my favorite, too)
My favorite post from around the blogosphere was probably Struggles Of Having Thick Hair-so relatable!
And that just about wraps up blogging.
This month was so nice and relaxed until all of a sudden at the end I just realized how nuts this year is gonna be, and then more stuff to make it crazier happened.
- I have ballet 4 days a week
- I have co-op on Wednesdays and oh, joy, one of my best friends isn’t going to be there because her mom decided to ship her off to public school. I don’t want to be rude (who am I kidding, I’m about to be really salty) but wHaT tHe MoNkEy FrItTeRs WhY?? Like, thanks sooooo much for taking my best friend away from me, I really appreciate it. With legit no warning, she was going to be in the co-op and then last week her mom informed us that she isn’t. Whyyyyyy?
- I got a new cat! Actually, that was back in July, but I don’t know if I announced it? Anyway, he’s a sweet little gray tuxedo with uneven socks and his name is Apollo. And oh my lemurs, he’s so little! Barely more than a kitten, so he’s super playful and silly. Shhhh-I think I’m his favorite human!
- My ballet school hired me? Haha, no, not like that, I’m a teacher’s assistant on Mondays with the 6-7 year olds, which would be awesome enough, but they’re PAYING me, too!? I get $7/hour towards my tuition, plus I get to help with the little chubs? I said yes, of course, and I can’t wait.
- A bunch of jerks moved up into my ballet class, but providentially they aren’t en pointe, so I get to escape them for that hour. I can just picture myself leaving class with my pointe shoes over my shoulder just being like, ”Later, losers! Have fun being bored in pre-pointe!” (which I’d never actually do, but it’s funny to think about)
- I went fishing with my brothers at a nearby inlet of the bay, and they brought an inflatable raft. So after a while, I got tired of fishing from the pier, and asked for a ride in the boat. Well, long story short, I slipped and sat down in the water twice, ended up walking 50 yards just to get back to shore, and caught no fish, but not before I turned back at that raft and yelled ”Curse you and your manufacturers!!” Apparently I’m quite nautically inept. Interestingly the next time we took the raft to the water, it got accidentally stabbed with a fillet knife. Hopefully the curse didn’t reach the manufacturers….
- I went leotard shopping and had an awesome time, like why have I never done this before?
- I’m pretty much using GNU/Linux full time now ’cause Windows broke on my laptop, good riddance! Free as in freedom!
- I learned to do flips on a trampoline-well, less learned, and more just took a risk and tried it. I’m now convinced my family needs one, because we have all this space anyway.
- I got together with a friend I hadn’t seen in over a year, and OMG I just had the best time. We sang all the geeky songs we used to, ran back and forth across the backyard with umbrellas to try to get my brother and his friend’s attention, horsed around in the pool….it was fantastic. Although how I remembered all those ridiculous lyrics is beyond me.
- Went AIP Paleo and to be honest I’m not liking it that much….
This month’s goals;
- Keep up with my schoolwork
- Keep up with both of my blogs
- Stay Paleo (it’s not happening, I just know it)
- Save enough money for a laptop I can put Linux on. Windows sucks, spies on me, and supports Planned Parenthood and the alphabet soup gang (LGBT ”marriage”)). Noooooo thank you
- Freaking actually lose the weight I wanna lose, this month I’m really going to try to do it
How was your August? Are you loving or hating September?
Greetings, cupcakes! It’s that time of year again where everyone is…either groaning or cheering because of….school!! Yay…
Now if you’re most people, you probably have on the order of 2.5 seconds to eat in the mornings. And if you’re like me, it’s seriously tempting to just grab a sugary granola bar or a toaster waffle. I used to have a theory that food in the morning can be healthy, fast, or delicious. Pick two. So most days, I just chose fast and delicious and ended up feeling like a dead person by 11 am.
Well, throw your waffles and carb-filled granola bars to the wind, because I’ve got three easy, healthy AND delicious breakfasts for you that will take you almost no time. And Bayance has three more so that’s a total of…well, I’ll let you do the math. It’s back-to-school after all. Think of it as a pop quiz, and if you pass, you get food. (wow, I’m bribing you)
Whoever invented this food deserves a Nobel Prize, because these are genius.
To make overnight oats, put 1/4 cup rolled oats in a jar. Pour in 1/2 cup milk, almond milk, or, if you’re feeling adventurous, orange juice. Add 1/2 tsp honey or sugar if you like things sweet, but it’s healthier if you don’t. Add chopped fresh or frozen fruit of your choice, any flavoring, give it a good stir, and chill overnight. In the morning, just open the fridge and feel like an A+ student. At least in the food department.
A few tasty combinations;
Oats+Milk+Strawberries+Drop of Vanilla+Strawberries and Cream
Oats+Orange Juice+Pineapple=Tropical Punch
Oats+Milk+1 tsp. Cocoa Powder+Bananas+1tsp. Peanut butter=Chocolate Monkey
When you’re eating THIS in the morning, all feels right in the world. Because, c’mon how awesome is it to eat egg pie in the morning and still have time to spare? All you have to do for this breakfast is heat it up and slice it. Flaky, eggy, deliciousness. If you make this Sunday night, you’ll have enough to have breakfast each weekday.
1/2 cup butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1 (6 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust (omit if you’re like me and trying to be low-carb)
4 eggs, beaten
Add all ingredients to list
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach, mushrooms, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.
¼ cup raw honey
½ cup raw, unsweetened almond butter (or nut butter of choice – bonus points if you make your own nut butters!)
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup raw almonds
½ cup raw walnuts
½ cup raw cashews
½ cup raw pecans
5 dates, pits removed
¼ cup pepitas (raw pumpkin seeds)
¼ cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Tip: make sure the parchment paper is large enough so that when the mixture is added, edges of the paper stick up. You can use the paper to grab and lift the bar out of the pan.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine raw honey, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla. Bring to a soft rolling boil, stirring to combine and to ensure that it doesn’t burn.
- Soak the dates in warm to hot water for about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, blender or chopper, blend/grind/chop nuts until they are a coarse consistency. It’s ok to have some larger pieces of nuts left in the mix.
- Remove dates from water, and add softened dates to the nut mixture, pulsing to combine (I don’t have a food processor and this didn’t work well for me in the blender, so I just mixed the dates in by hand, and since they were soft enough, they combines really easily.) Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the pepitas, cranberries, help hearts and coconut to the nut and date mixture, stirring to get everything mixed together really well.
- Add the honey/nut butter mixture that’s been simmering on the stove to the nut mixture and stir to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the granola bar mixture into the parchment paper lined pan, and using your fingers, press the mixture out evenly in the dish.
- Put in the freezer to cool for about 2 hours. Once cold, remove from the pan using the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the dish, and then with a sharp knife cut into bars.
- Store the bars in a sealed container in the fridge.
Enjoy your delicious guilt-free snacks.
When do you guys start school? Don’t forget to check out Bayance’s post!
Ah, hello, there! Welcome back to Blogger Problems, to which we can all relate.
Heads up, there will be a poll at the end of this post, I’d really appreciate it if you’d take it. 🙂
AM I RIGHT?? Whenever I say ”My internet friend…” people just disregard whatever I say after that….argh.
‘Nuff said. This is me…
Have you been having any #bloggerproblems lately? If I relate I’ll make graphics!
Dear Pinterest, where would I be without you? On my darkest days, you were there in my favorites bar to console me with ridiculous memes that are only funny when you’re desperate.
Then again, without you, I’d probably have done better on that Latin final, because I’d have studied more if you weren’t there to distract me every 30 seconds.
But you did have gloriously colorful tantalizing pictures of cute flash cards that I was drooling over.
Yet, the problem with you is that the ideas I get from your library of approximatley 4.7 gazillion images and ideas always turn out looking terrible, from that failed crochet unicorn (ended up with a depressed looking groundhog with a misshapen lump on his forehead) to that time I tried to make keto fudge sauce (ended up with gaggingly sweet chocolate glop).
You were there for all my obsessions, from the ones that lasted two minutes (ombre hair) to the ones that have lasted two years (The Flaaaaaaash….Artemis Fowl!!!)
You made me realize that while I may be painfully socially awkward, a complete weirdo, geek, and nerd, I’m not the only one.
There are plenty of other people with my problem, we just only come together on the internet. Oh, joy.
I literally have a board entitled ”So True” for all those pins that make me go; ”OH D’ARVIT YAS”
Dear Pinterest, thank you for being there for all my fangirling needs;
But please, stop making me want so many things, for the love of lemurs, I’m never going to be able to get all of this, I have no money.
Pinterest, thank you for introducing me to LoadingArtist, Odd1sOut, and Sheldon thee Tiny Dinosaur, three hilarious webcomics that have kept me laughing (”What do I have to live for? Oh, wait, new LoadingArtist on Tuesday!”).
Dear Pinterest, you are many things, a distraction, and a great tool. (But mostly a distraction)
So thank you.
Yours Always, Except When I Have Schoolwork Or My Laptop Is Dead,
Thoughts On Pinterest?